The major purpose of software testing process is to find bugs and hence it is considered to be a part of software development life-cycle. There are also a number of other factors of equal importance that have considerable contributions in terms of completing testing performance. Software should comply with all the technical as well as business requirements. Thus, validating and verifying software with more improved understanding of the performance testing is indeed essential in order to ensure that it properly works without any issues.
Steps to improve Software Analysis Method
The following measures are sure to help your company improve software testing procedure.
- The first thing you must consider is to have complete or thorough understanding of projects that your software testing team members are handling. It will be good if testers are able to attend meetings, discussions or conferences concerning their project.
- Make sure that your team members are ready for changes. Although there is a test plan for every project, it can be changed at any point of time to follow the cutting edge technologies and novel evaluating methods.
- You are recommended to think well before implementing any alterations into your plan to avert making blunders.
- Try not to shunt within your team of software testing. Assign your project managers throughout the duration of the full project execution.
- First important step is to recognize the platform on which the entire application will be running.
- Examine current requisites of the management activity for checking whether all functional as well as business requirements are being tracked in the control system of file-level version including Team foundation Server (TFS), Visual Source Safe (VSS) and many more.
- QA team must be involved in every test phase starting from requirement gathering to the software development life-cycle.
- Keep record of every possible scenario before writing of test cases is started for adding them to the test planning.
- Written test cases must be reviewed by a QA team specialist.
- Generate periodically or weekly test reports for clear understanding of software testing like effort variance, bug find rate, residual defect density, test case effectiveness, schedule variance, etc.
- Make separate QA environment to replicate the production environment.
- After every release, a retrospective or post release meeting must be conducted for the testing and development team to participate and discuss about the good and bad points concerning the projects.
Ways to Improve Agile Development Methodology
Improving test skills of your testers is equally important as improving the test process. With the following measures you can enhance the software analysis procedure.
- Make sure that your testers have in-depth knowledge of the application process they are handling.
- Try to provide friendly vibes between test and development team for the elimination of personal reasons related to inadequate bug fixing.
- Accept the fact that no tester can provide 100% bug free applications.
- Knowledge of application does not mean anything without your testers’ domain knowledge.
- Provide your testers with the ability to take part in different working seminars and training programs.
These days, many near-shore development organizations use outdated agile testing practices. As a result, end users get poor software or applications with lots of bugs along with insufficient user interface. That is why it is truly important to improve both testing process and testing skills. The overall software test procedure is actually a constant improvement process. To enhance the procedure the effort of either a single person or the test team is not only responsible. The combined effort of the development team as well as management must understand the value of improving the test method while identifying several areas that need changes for better performance.
You can hire testers from top software regression testing companies in India who can help you accomplish testing within allocated budgets and time schedules.